Friday, March 25, 2005

 

I Can Do It Myself

I tend to be on the independent side. My family can affirm that "I can do it myself..." has been my battle-cry since I was a toddler. That may be why I check out my own groceries at Kroger, never mind pumping my own gas, and absolutely love self check-out at the library.

No waiting in line for this person. Pick my reserves off the shelf, type in my library card number (no fishing in the wallet for me), a quick scan and I'm out the door. If I need help (and I'm willing to admit it) it is always close by. Mostly I say, "No thanks. I can do it myself."

Library Hotline reported that Columbus Metropolitan Library is experiencing higher circulation since they expanded self-check. I don't know about that. I'm just grateful they let me do it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?