Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

Garage bands @ the library

For two years running, the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library has held Garage Rock, a summer concert series that features local musicians in their parking garage. "So far two buildings have complained about the noise," Chris Kozack, media relations officer for the library, told the Independent Collegian, "so I figure we have to be doing something right."

I love concerts in and at the library. The Grandview Heights Public Library holds Music on the Lawn concerts every summer, and Music in the Atrium the rest of the year. A quick Google search turns up other concerts in libraries, including Marietta, Upper Arlington, and Niles.

Comments:
Don, Lane PL (www.lanepl.org) also hosts music events, esp. in the Summer. We've done a READING AND ALL THAT JAZZ program for years and the turnout has always been excellent, given the limited space we have.
 
Thanks, Chip. I do hope that, when I post something here about a particular library, other libraries with similar services and programs will chime in. I like to think that I'm plugged into the great things that Ohio libraries do, but I'm not omniscient. Yet.
 
It's great to see libraries reaching out to all parts of th community like this.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?